During my recent 5 day stay in hospital, it may not have felt long to others but to me it felt like forever.
(If you’re not aware, I was recently in hospital with some concerns over how our bubba was doing; which you can read about here)
I just needed to be home. With my little boy missing me, renovations in full swing… I was suddenly filled with guilt for not putting my 100% into everything at home and complaining about all the little things. My mind ran wild with all the little things that I’m thankful for and how much I looked forward to doing the tedious washing once I was back!
There are so many things in my life that make me happy, I just haven’t ever taken the time to really acknowledge them. I’m a huge believer in being thankful for what you have and where you are. I have so much to be grateful for and not much to ask for, not really.
I spent some time today putting together a list of things that I’m thankful for and shouldn’t ever take for granted again. Even those silly little things!
- We have our own family home that we are renovating and will be spending the rest of our lives filling with memories of our bubba’s running around and growing up.
- Long cuddles with my little boy, where he squeezes me tight for ages and doesn’t want to let go.
- Work-free evenings at home, in front of the TV with Jamie.
- When Joshua squishes his face up against mine and tells me that I’m his best friend.
- Spontaneous shopping for snacks and treats for an evening in
- Being in a position to be self-employed and re-focus on my career, even though I’m so busy with raising bubba’s and everything else that comes with building a home.
- Freshly washed bed sheets.
- Quality family time over the weekends; even if we don’t do much.
- Having a hard-working partner who works his bum off to provide for us and to earn more qualifications to give us an even better life than we have now.
- Listening to Joshua have conversations with his friends at school, which is something we once never imagined because of his speech problems. It’s beautiful to hear!
- When Joshua sleeps in until 8am on a weekend, occasionally. (Well, he doesn’t ‘sleep’, but he is happy being in bed with his tablet while we snooze).
- Joshua getting excited to play Xbox with me. I hate it (sorry!) but I love spending time with my gorgeous boy, and I love it even more that he loves spending time with me.
- Finishing all the washing and putting it away in one day.
- Now being off work to have baby, so I get to spend even more time with Joshua and all three of us together. I wish I could spend my life being a stay-at-home parent, raising our family, so I’m thankful for every moment that I can grab.
- Having a comfortable income with the room to take the plunge into self-employment. We have been through the worst times together where we had barely anything, so to now be in the position we are is a blessing.
What are you thankful for?