Seeing as Autumn is my favourite season, I thought that I would share my favourite things about Autumn. From September on wards, the last part of the year is jam-packed, and it feels like we have something on every week, which we love.
- Smells. One of the first signs of Autumn for me is when the shops start stocking up on their autumnal scents, and so do I! I can’t get enough of Apple Spice and Pumpkin Spice candles, diffusers, melts… you name it!
- Colours. Autumnal colours are the best shades and it makes me want to redecorate my sitting room in orangey tones and display pumpkins, leaves, red & orange candles throughout to the end of the year.
- Big, Cosy Jumpers. I love wearing comfy clothes and getting cosy in everything I wear; Autumn clothes generally feel like PJs. Every Autumn I add to my collection of jumpers and this year I had to have a clear-out because I had so many! What’s not to love about snuggling on the sofa under a blanket in front of the TV?
- Goodbye Wasps. A slightly weird one, but I’m petrified of wasps and it ruins Summer for me. I would love the Summer if it wasn’t for them being everywhere. So, when it’s time for them to bugger off until the following year, I can’t wait.
- ‘Christmas’ TV. I call it Christmas TV because there are certain programmes that come on around this time that, for me, are my countdown to Christmas. I look forward to The Apprentice, I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, The Circle and Doctor Who each year. I’m probably forgetting more but generally, I love this time of the year for TV.
- Darker Mornings and Evenings. I love waking up with it still being dark outside and the evenings closing in quicker. I have no idea why, but I love it. I love seeing the stars outside the window and the air feeling crisp as I step out on dim mornings… it makes me want to wake up earlier! Weird? Probably.
- Lots of Celebrations. On the run up to the end of the year, we have a lot of celebrations in the family. Our families seem to have a lot of birthdays during the last few months (including all of us 3 as well as baby). We also go all out for Halloween, Bonfire Night and Christmas so they take a lot of planning. Christmas alone takes up the whole of December with purely events!
- Lots of Events. Similarly, to above, we have a lot of events going on during this time of the year as well. With it being Halloween, there are Halloween kids parties, pumpkin festivals, firework displays and local Halloween events too. There are also a lot of events on the lead up to Christmas too such as the light switch on, Christmas markets and themed local events. As a family, we also have a lot of games nights, baking days/weekends, arts & crafts afternoons and generally fill our calendar up with fun family activities.
What are your favourite things about Autumn?